Grimsby vs Newport
England- League Two
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Blundell Park (Cleethorpes)
This match does not have any importance in terms of the title race. Both teams will want to finish the season on a high note and give something back to their fans.
Grimsby had a five-match unbeaten run which ended against Swindon away from home. Newport comes into this game after a win against Bradford City recently. That narrow 2-1 win came after a four-game winless run in both league and EFL Trophy.
Grimsby vs Newport: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Newport has 4 wins in the last 6 h2h games against this opposition.
- Both sides have a win each in their last five meetings at this venue.
- Less than 2.5 goals where is code in 3 of those 5 games.
- Newport won the last h2h match 2-0 in November 2019.
- Both sides score in seven consecutive matches that Grimsby played.
- In six of the seven games, the final score had over 2.5 goals in total.
Grimsby vs Newport: Prediction
Newport won the last h2h match back in November. But the form of these sides has been irregular after that game. The hosts are currently unbeaten in their last 3 home games. They are also unbeaten in the last 2 h2h home games as well.
Newport is on a 3 match losing streak and has lost 7 of the last 8 matches on the road. So I am backing the hosts to emerge winners after a close match.
Grimsby has conceded 5 goals in their last 4 matches even though they remained unbeaten in 3 of them. Newport too is facing defensive struggles having conceded 8 goals in 3 recent games. Both sides are scoring frequently too. Thus we can place our money on both sides scoring in this upcoming fixture.
Grimsby vs Newport: Betting Tips
Home team to win @ 1.83 (5/6).
Both sides to score: No @ 1.90 (9/10).