Granada vs Villarreal
2016/17 Spanish La Liga
Date: Saturday, 20 August, 2016
Kick-off: 19:15 UK.
Venue: Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes.
Granada ended last season’s La Liga campaign at 16th positing in the league table narrowly escaping relegation. The El Grana in their new journey with the hope of a much better finish this season.
The visiting Villarreal were fourth in the La Liga last season and are in the qualification phase of the UEFA Champions League. They proved to a tough nut to crack and will be setting eyes on another finish inside the top four this term.
Granada vs Villarreal : Key Facts
- Granada have won all last two matches with Under 2.5 goals.
- Granada have lost just a game, draw two and won two in last five outings across all competitions.
- Granada kept a total of three clean sheets with over 2.5 goals in past five matches, scoring four and allow four into their nets.
- Villarreal are win-less in last five games in all competitions and tasted defeats in the last four.
- Villarreal have conceded six goals and scored just two in past five netting and didn’t score in four of past five matches.
Granada vs Villarreal: Head-to-Head Stats
- Villarreal are on a three match winning run against Granada and are unbeaten in the last four.
- Granada had managed to defeat Villarreal just twice in the 8 meetings between them so far, while they lost 5 and drawn 1.
- Villarreal also hold a healthy goal aggregate against Granada with 12 goals against 5.
- Granada have a good home record against Villarreal with 2 win, 1 draw and 1 loss from 4 matches.
Granada vs Villarreal: Prediction
Granada holds a better record at home over Villarreal in the four matches played at their home since 2001 with 4 wins and a draw and a loss each. But Villarreal were victorious in the last visit to Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes. Also they haven’t lost to Granada in the last four matches in all venues.
Their pre-season campaigns tell a very different story, but this shouldn’t be a benchmark to asses the competitive matches. Granada lost just once in their 7 warm up matches, while Villarreal are win-less in the last four consecutive matches.
Granada’s performance in last couple of games had been good which gives them an edge over the El Submarines. They are a better team at home and therefore have the capability to come out with something on Saturday evening.
Granada vs Villarreal: Bet Tips
Double Chance – Granada/Draw
Both teams to score
Over 2.5 goals