De Graafschap vs Jong AZ Alkmaar
Netherlands – Eerste Divisie
Date: Friday, 28 February 2020
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: De Vijverberg (Doetinchem).
The hosts are very much in need of a win as life at the top is getting fierce. With Cambuur and Jong Ajax sandwiching them at the second spot in the table we can expect the hosts to come to all guns blazing against Jong AZ.
The reverse fixture saw Jong AZ win with a narrow 2-1 scoreline. The hosts will be looking for revenge as that was their last defeat in the league. Since then they have been unbeaten in 11 matches on the trot.
De Graafschap vs Jong AZ Alkmaar: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Of the 3 head to head games between these two, both sides have one win each.
- The last meeting saw Jong AZ winners at home.
- In the 2 previous h2h matches both teams scored.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in those 2 matches as well.
- Graafschap has won the only h2h at their home by a goal.
- De Graafschap is on an active 3 match win streak at home.
- Jong AZ is without a win in their last 6 league fixtures.
De Graafschap vs Jong AZ Alkmaar: Prediction
Both teams have scored a great number of goals so far in the league. But compared to the tow the better defense is definitely the added advantage of the hosts. The hosts have scored in 7 of their last 10 home games. Jong AZ also scored in 9 of their last 10 matches on the road. So I hope they both will score on Friday as well.
In 14 of the 27 matches that Jong AZ played the final score had over 3.5 goals in total. This is the same in 10 matches of the home team as well. Most recent home games of Graafschap against Maastricht and Telstar saw a similar scoreline. So I am backing this game to have lots of goals.
De Graafschap vs Jong AZ Alkmaar: Betting Tips
Over 3.5 goals @ 1.90 (9/10).
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).