Gillingham vs Southend
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 5 October 2019
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Priestfield Stadium (Gillingham).
As both are struggling to post points on the board, a fiercely competitive tie is on the cards. While the home advantage should count to something for the Gills, goals are the basic expectation as these two lock horns this Saturday.
Gillingham vs Southend Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the previous five wins went to the teams that had home advantage.
- The Shrimpers are on a scoring streak of 11 matches.
- The last time these two met, spoils were shared with a 1-1 scorecard.
- Five of the former six clashes at this stadium had goals at either end of the pitch.
- Five of the prior seven wins at this venue went to the hosts.
Gillingham vs Southend Prediction
Clashes between these teams have always led way to goal-fests. In fact, eight of the previous eleven such games and five of the last six at this venue had goals at either end of the pitch. In addition, the guests of the day are on a scoring streak of 11 straight ties against this opponent and found the back of the net twice or more in three of the four former encounters.
As such, despite the away handicap, and their struggles, they should figure out a way to slot in at least one goal.
Going on, the home advantage will surely come to the aid of Steve Evans’s men. Moreover, they have been clearly better than the Seasiders this season, and especially on the road, Gary Waddock’s men have been a disaster.
As such, the hosts should manage a victory after a tiring set of ninety minutes.
Gillingham vs Southend Betting Tips
Best Bet: Both Teams to Score @ 1.80 (4/5)
Correct Score: 2-1, in favor of Gillingham @ 8.00 (7/1).