Gil Vicente vs Sporting CP
Portugal – Liga Portugal
Date: Saturday, 18 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:30 UK/ 21:30 CET
Venue: Estádio Cidade de Barcelos.
Sporting are the reigning champions of the competition, and are once again in the running for another title. However, arch-rivals Porto are in the race as well, and the title-holders have no option but to keep going with their great performances.
This weekend, they are pitted against Gil Vicente, who have been largely inconsistent lately. On top of that, they also have an inferior h2h record against this foe over the years.
For the reasons, expect the defending champs to secure another win this Saturday at the Estádio Cidade de Barcelos.
Gil Vicente vs Sporting Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 1-2 win for Sporting.
- They are on a four-fixture winning streak.
- They had also won 10 of the past 11 meetings.
- Since 2003, the hosts have won just twice at this ground.
Gil Vicente vs Sporting Prediction & Analysis
Gil Vicente were winless in 10 of their past 14 overall fixtures, and they have a total of just two wins at home since March. In fact, they have won just four times at this venue in the whole of 2021.
On the other hand, Sporting had won 14 of their previous 15 games, and the only defeat during this stretch had come in the Champions League.
They have scored goals in huge numbers all along, and on top of all that, they also have a great h2h record against this opponent.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Sporting this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sporting are tied in points at the top of the table with Porto.
- They have a 100% winning record, barring just two draws.
- They have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- Meanwhile, Gil Vicente have a total of just two wins at home all through this league campaign.
Tips for Gil Vicente vs Sporting
Sporting to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.50 (3/2)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).