Gil Vicente vs Ferreira
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Friday, 24 July 2020
Kick-Off at 21:15 UK/ 22:15 CET
Venue: Estádio Cidade de Barcelos.
The Roosters will welcome home the Beavers on Friday for their last league fixture. The home side has done extremely well for a third division team playing in the top flight for the first time. They are currently 9th in the table and is coming into this game after the defeat to Belenenses. Home games are their strong forte with 7 wins coming in the 16 matches here so far.
Ferreira is another side which has surprised us in their first season in the Primeira Liga. They have lost 17 games which are the second-worst losing record after the relegated Aves. Most of their wins came at home but currently, they are unbeaten in three away matches on the trot.
Gil Vicente vs Ferreira: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The home team remains unbeaten in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- All four latest clashes between them had fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
- The Beavers previously won this fixture back in March 2013.
- The hosts have won both the recent head to head matches at this ground.
- Both sides have two wins each in their last four clashes here.
- The majority of their ten previous meetings here had fewer than 2.5 goals too.
- Gil Vicente is on a three-match winning streak at home.
- The visitors remain unbeaten in three previous away matches on the trot.
Gil Vicente vs Ferreira: Prediction
The home side is one of the rare teams to have a good run at home other than the “Big Four” in Portugal. From their 16 home fixtures, they have 7 wins and have lost only thrice. Currently, they are on a three-match winning streak which makes them more dangerous. The visitors have also picked up wins against teams of the likes of Rio Ave and Moreirense in recent weeks.
The away team has also found the back of the net more often in recent times. Their scoring average is just a goal per game this season. But during this period they have scored past some strong defenses like Rio Ave and Moreirense away from home.
Even with this form, they lack discipline at the back. From their away games so far they have conceded 27 goals which are 9 more than what they scored during those matches. So I am backing this match to be a draw with goals from both teams.
Gil Vicente vs Ferreira: Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 3.30 (23/10).
Both teams to score @ 1.95 (10/11).