Gibraltar vs Latvia
World Cup Qualification
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Victoria Stadium.
Both these teams are the abolute worst in Group G, and are placed bottom-most in the table. It goes without saying that both teams are already eliminated from the Qualifiers, and have nothing left to play for.
However, between the two, Latvia appears to be the better squad, and they will likely use this match-up as an opportunity to finish their campaign on a good note. Moreover, they also do have the better h2h record over Gibraltar the years.
Gibraltar vs Latvia Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-1 win for the Latvians.
- They had scored three or more goals in all but one clash so far.
- They have a 100% winning record in official meetings.
- Their only loss so far had come in a friendly, three years back.
Gibraltar vs Latvia Prediction & Analysis
Gibraltar lost 6-0 on the road the last match-day, against Turkey. They are also on a six-game losing streak, and had lost ten of their past eleven fixtures. Going on, they are on a 14-match winless run, and had remained so in 27 of their past 29 games.
On the other hand, Latvia registered an inspiring 0-0 draw on the road against the in-form Norway. They had also remained invincible in 13 of their former 21 fixtures.
Moreover, they are on a two-match unbeaten run on the road, and they had kept clean sheets in both. In fact, they had lost just thrice on the road since November of 2019, and two of these defeats had come against Netherlands, and Germany.
Considering these observations, as well as the superior h2h record of Latvia, expect them to deliver a win this Tuesday at Victoria Stadium.
- Gibraltar are placed dead last in the table, and they have a 100% losing record so far.
- They have conceded the most number of goals, as well as have scored the least. In fact, they have a combined scorecard of 3-40 from their nine matches till now.
- While they have let in 40 goals, the next worst is just 15 by Turkey.
- Meanwhile, the Latvians were unbeaten in four of their nine fixtures in the competition, and they had let in just 13 goals so far this campaign.
- They are ranked 136th in the world by FIFA, while counterparts Gibraltar are placed 198th in the same list.
Gibraltar vs Latvia Betting Tips
Latvia -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.20 (6/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).