Getafe vs Valencia
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 12 March 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Coliseum Alfonso Perez.
Getafe have simply been on a roll at home for the last several weeks, and this has helped them quite a lot in their effort to battle relegation. As of now they are placed 15th in a table of 20, and have a cushion of three points over the cut-off.
However, the battle is not over yet. The likes of Cadiz and Alaves have improved their form quite a bit, and are coming after them.
Moreover, Getafe have found it hard to recreate their home form, in fixtures on the road. And this has put additional pressure on them to deliver in home games.
Meanwhile, Valencia are placed ninth in the table, and they are desperate to secure a top-six finish. At present they need a surplus of eight points to climb level with the sixth-placed Sociedad.
By the looks of things, chances are very high for goals to come in plenty this weekend at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.
Getafe vs Valencia Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Valencia.
- Four of the past five clashes had three or more goals.
- The hosts had scored three or more goals in the past two meetings at this stadium.
- The past twelve overall wins at this stadium were evenly split into six each for either squad.
Getafe vs Valencia Prediction & Analysis
Getafe lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day, against Espanyol. But they had won six of their last eight appearances at home, and had scored a total of nine goals from their past three appearances at this ground.
On the other hand, Valencia had won 3-1 at home the past game week, against Granada. They are also on a three-fixture winning streak, and they have lost just three times on the road in the past four-month period. And two of these losses had come against Atletico Madrid, and Real Madrid.
Judging these stats, as well as past h2h scorecards, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend between the two squads.
Key Stats for Betting
- Getafe have been unbeaten at home since October. In fact, barring two draws, they have a 100% winning record at this ground.
- Meanwhile, Valencia have lost just thrice on the road since October. Two of these losses had come against the two Madrid teams.
Tips for Getafe vs Valencia
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.50 (3/2).