Gent vs KV Mechelen
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Sunday, 30 August 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Ghelamco Arena (Gent)
The current runners up have lost all matches they played this season. With that record, they are at the bottom of the table and are the only teams not to have at least a point on board. From their three games, they have scored twice but have conceded five in return. They are coming into this match after the 1-0 away defeat to Antwerp.
Mechelen finished sixth last year and will be looking for a better finish this time around. They have also lost their recent league fixture which was their first defeat of the season. From three games they have a win and a loss each now. With the hosts out of form, they will be hoping to get an away win.
Gent vs KV Mechelen: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Buffalos are on a two-match winning streak against this opposition.
- They have two wins and a loss in the last five head to head games.
- All four latest meetings between them had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both teams found the back of the net in three of those five matches across various venues.
- The hosts have three wins and a defeat in the last five clashes at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were recorded in four recent meetings here as well.
Gent vs KV Mechelen: Prediction
Mechelen was able to defeat the hosts in a cup fixture at this ground back in May 2019. But this was one of the rarest victories for the Malinois in this fixture. Generally, they are inconsistent in away games in all competitions. But the home team has been on a losing streak in this season, so there may be a chance for getting at least one point from this game.
Considering the way they performed in their defeat with Cercle Brugge they will be dangerous for the home defense. Even though they lost that game 2-3 at home, the attacking unit has done their part very well. All recent head to head games had plenty of goals as well. So I am backing a high scoring game with both teams sharing the points.
Gent vs KV Mechelen: Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 4.00 (3/1).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.67 (2/3).