Genoa vs SPAL
Italian Serie A
Date: Sunday, 12 July 2020
Kick-Off at 16:15 UK/ 17:15 CET
Venue: Stadio Luigi Ferraris.
Genoa has fallen into the relegation zone after the recent defeat to Napoli. The reason why they are struggling this season is mainly due to their defense.
The Griffins gave away 60 goals in the season while scoring only 38 in return They are currently without a win in the 5 Serie A games.
The visitors are also in a similar situation like their upcoming opposition. From their last 10 outing n the league they managed to win only one, which was against Parma.
Currently, SPAL are at the bottom of the table ready for the second tier action next year.
Genoa vs SPAL: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last four meetings between these two teams were back to back draws.
- All those four matches had the same final score of 1-1.
- Genoa has not won a single competitive game against this opposition in all five clashes.
- All their five matches had less than 2.5 goals at full time.
- Both games between them at this ground ended as a draw with both teams getting a goal each.
- Genoa has lost all four latest home matches in the league.
Genoa vs SPAL Prediction
The hosts are the only team that has a chance of getting to the safe side of the table. With teams like Lecce losing consecutive matches they could progress higher if they win some of the remaining games.
But they have no wins against Spal and the reverse fixture was a draw. At the same time, Spal is on a losing streak away from home at present too. Thus we can expect a draw like the majority of their previous clashes.
Both of them found the back of the net in all of their recent 4 meetings. Even though Spal has lost the majority of their away games during recent weeks, they have found the net more often than not.
In fact, the recent loss to Sampdoria was the first time they failed to score in 6 away fixtures. Genoa has also scored in their last 7 league games at this ground. So I am backing a draw with both teams netting goals.
Genoa vs SPAL Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 4.00 (3/1).
Both teams to score @ 1.95 (10/11).