Genoa vs Salernitana
Italy – Coppa Italia
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Luigi Ferraris.
Both Genoa and Salernitana are placed in the relegation zone of the Serie A, and are rightfully termed as the worst teams in the Italian top flight at the moment.
The teams have been conceding goals in huge numbers, and by the looks of things, there is a serious chance that we will not see the squads the next season in the Serie A.
Going on, goals have also been coming in plenty in h2h meetings over the years, and it’s expected that the same will be the case as these two lock horns this Tuesday for a spot in the next round of the Coppa Italia.
Genoa vs Salernitana Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Salernitana.
- Six of the past eight clashes had three or more goals.
- Since 1999, every single meeting at this stadium had three or more goals.
- The latest match-up at this stadium had ended in a 2-1 win for the hosts.
Genoa vs Salernitana Prediction & Analysis
Genoa lost 1-3 at home the last match-day against Sampdoria. They are also on a three-game losing run, and they are on a 14-fixture winless stretch as well.
Going on, they had conceded two or more goals in 16 of the past 20 matches, and they have a total of just two wins at home since February.
On the other hand, Salernitana lost 4-0 on the road the past game week against Fiorentina. They too are on a three-game losing streak, and had also lost 13 of the former 17 fixtures.
Moreover, they had lost eight of their last ten road trips, and their only win on the road since May had come against the struggling Venezia.
Considering these observations, as well as the results of past h2h meetings, expect a high-scoring affair this Tuesday at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.
Key Stats for Betting
- Genoa have won just once so far in the Serie A, and are placed 18th in the table.
- They are the only team yet to register a win at home, and only two other teams have conceded more goals than them in home games.
- Meanwhile, Salernitana are placed bottom-most in the Italian league, and they have conceded the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- The last they kept a clean sheet on the road was back in the previous season.
Tips for Genoa vs Salernitana
Both Teams to Score @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).