Inter will continue their quest for next season’s Champions League competition, when they travel to face Genoa in the mid-week Serie A fixture. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 19:45 GMT on Wednesday, 20th April 2016.
Inter are in the 4th place in Serie A table with 61 points, 4 points below Roma in the 3rd position with 65 points, they are looking for a crucial away win to move them a point close to Roma should Roma loose their match.
Genoa were beaten to pulp 4:1 by relegation threatened Carpi in their last outing, they will be hoping for a home win to get themselves back to wining ways.
- Both teams are in good form and looks to have equal capabilities.
- Genoa have won 4 of their last 6 games and lost 2.
- Genoa have also kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 Serie A home games.
- Genoa have won their last 4 Serie A home games.
- Inter are unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 Serie A games, they have won 4 drew 1 and lost 1.
- Inter are not good away, they are without a win in 5 of their last 6 away games, they have won just 1 lost 3 and drew 2.
Genoa: Team News
Nicolas Burdisso, Goran Pandev and Mattia Perin are injured for Genor, while Armando Izzo is carrying a ban. Tomas Rincon is a doubt as he is struggling for fitness and will be assessed closer to kick-off.
Genoa: Predicted Line-up (3-5-2)
Munoz, Maio, Marchese
Laxalt, Dzemalli, Tachtsidis, Rigoni, Ansaidi
Inter Milan: Team News
Geoffrey Kondogbia is suspended and he is the only player missing for Inter Milan in the trip to Genoa.
Head-coach Roberto Mancini will be looking to field the same line-up that started in the 2-0 win at Napoli in their previous outing.
Inter Milan: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
D’Ambrosio, Murillo, Miranda, Nagatomo
Ljajic, Jovetic, Perisic
Genoa vs Inter Milan: Head-To-Head stats
- Inter have dominated their head to head ties against Genoa, they are unbeaten in 18 of their last 20 games against Genoa.
- Both team have won same number of game(4) at Genoa’s home ground and drew 2.
- Inter have only lost 5 games to Genoa in their entire 24 fixtures
Genoa vs Inter Milan: Prediction
This game will be hard to decide, but considering Genoa’s good home record, having gone unbeaten in their last 7 Serie A home games as they have won 4 and drew 3 compared to inter’s bad away record, I think the game will drift towards Genoa.
Best bet: Genoa win or draw.