Genk vs Rapid Vienna
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 9 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Cegeka Arena.
Group H could see a massive restructuring at the end of this match-day, as only the top-most spot has been mathematically sealed.
Genk could gun for a spot in the Europa, or go for the Conference League – or in the worst case, they could even be totally eliminated from European competitions, based on the result of this upcoming fixture.
They have a good h2h record against the struggling Rapid Vienna, and they will try their best to post the three points on the board this Thursday.
Genk vs Rapid Vienna Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in a 0-1 win for Genk on the road.
- They have a 100% unbeaten record, barring a single defeat in 2016.
- Vienna had lost five of the past six clashes against other Belgian rivals.
Genk vs Rapid Vienna Prediction & Analysis
Genk will be at home for this final match-day, and they will try to make the most of it. They could remain in the Europa, if they win his upcoming fixture and if West Ham win against Zabreb.
Anyhow, even a draw would allow them to make it to the Conference League.
They have a great h2h record against this opponent, and on top of that, Vienna have been a total mess on the road almost for the whole of 2021.
In addition, Rapid Vienna also have a poor h2h record against other Belgian opponents as well.
By the looks of things, expect Genk to grind out a win this Thursday.
Furthermore, considering this is a crucial game for both teams, expect a competitive game throughout, and judging the defensive stats of either, anticipate goals in huge numbers as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Genk have not kept a clean sheet in the last five fixtures in a row.
- They had conceded three or more goals in four of the former six appearances at home.
- Meanwhile, Vienna have a 100% losing record in the competition, barring a single game against Dinamo Zagreb.
- They have conceded the most number of goals in road games.
Tips for Genk vs Rapid Vienna
Genk to Win @ 1.80 (4/5)
Genk to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.50 (3/2).