Genk vs Oud-Heverlee
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Saturday, 15 August 2020
Kick-Off at 15:30 UK/ 16:30 CET
Venue: Luminus Arena (Genk)
The Smurfs had a terrible season last year. After winning the title in the previous campaign they had high hopes to get another one on the trot. But they had been pushed down to the seventh place which was a major shocker of last year. They have started this one on a positive note, defeating Waregem 1-2 away from home. But it is too early to consider them as favorites.
The away team has grabbed promotion as they finished third in First Division B. In their season opener they managed to grab a point against Eupen. If they want to make an impression in the top tier the defense has to be on point throughout the campaign.
Genk vs Oud-Heverlee: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Genk has an active four-game winning streak going on against this opposition.
- They have never lost to Leuven in all eight meetings across all venues.
- Both sides found the back of the net in six of the eight head to head matches.
- All four previous clashes between them produced more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The home team has won both recent clashes at this ground against these visitors.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of their four meetings here.
Genk vs Oud-Heverlee: Prediction
The home side is coming into this game on the back of a win. They have never lost to this upcoming opposition in any previous competitive game. So I do not think that is going to change this weekend. Another important fact is that they have scored two or more goals in four of their last five games in the league. Similarly, the away team has conceded the same amount of goals in their recent away matches in the second tier too.
Even though the away team is on a losing streak in matches on the road, they have made their presence felt in those games. In seven of their last eight away matches, they have found the back of the net regardless of the end result. So I am backing a high scoring game with the hosts scoring two or more goals.
Genk vs Oud-Heverlee: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.62 (5/8).
Genk to score two or more goals @ 1.40 (2/5).