Gefle vs Kalmar:
Date: Monday, July 18, 2016
Kick-Off – 18:00 UK Time.
Venue: Gavlevallen (Gavle).
Relegation candidates Gefle desperate to end their 8 match losing streak when they host mid table team Kalmar on Monday.
Gefle are at the foot of the 16 team table with just 1 wins from 13 matches so far. It seemed like they were going to grab a win in the last round fixture against fellow relegation candidates Falkenbergs. But two goals conceded inside 3 minutes at the end of the match handed then another loss.
Kalmar FF on the other hand fought brilliantly against title contenders AIK Solna in the last round fixture and held them to a 1-1 draw, extending their unbeaten run in the league to 5 games. They are also on a 4 match unbeaten run at home, with each of the last three ending in 1-1 draws. However in the 7 matches played at home so far, they had won just twice, while they lost 2 and drawn 5. Kalmar are sitting at 10th position in the table and a win here could lift them as high as 6th.
Gefle vs Kalmar: Head-to-Head stats
- Overall (28 matches): Kalmar – 12 wins, Gefle – 5 wins, Draws – 11.
- Gefle at home vs Kalmar (13 matches): 2 wins, 6 draws, 5 losses.
- In two matches of Sweden’s Allsvenskan season 2015, the home team emerged victorious on each occasions.
- Kalmar had won three of the last four matches against Gefle in all venues.
- Five of the last 7 home matches of Gefle against Kalmar ended in low scoring draws, with either teams winning 1 each.
Gefle vs Kalmar: Prediction
Gefle are in real trouble and might need a miracle to get out of the relegation zone. Their form is nothing to write about even when playing at home. Kalmar on the other hand had done relatively well in the last few fixtures and are unbeaten in the last five. They are also on a two match winning run away from home and they must win this quite comfortably.
A 3-1 win for Kalmar is my correct score prediction for this game.
Gefle vs Kalmar: Tips
- Kalmar to win.
- Over 2.5 goals.