Gefle vs Hammarby:
Date: Saturday, 30-July-2016,
Kick-Off: 15:00 UK.
It is a relegation battle in Swedish Allsvenskan this weekend when 16th placed Gefle host 14th placed Hammarby at the Gavlevallen on Saturday afternoon.
Gefle remained with 2 wins after 15 games after their narrow 1-0 defeat to AIK Solna at home last Saturday. A surprise win on the road against Kalmar a week ago seem to have ended their 8 match losing streak, but they are back where they belong once again.
Hammarby’s form is similar to Gefle and had won just three times in 15 league matches so far. They are on a three match win-less run at the moment, but managed just 1 win from their last 11. And that single win during the period was in the first leg clash with Saturday’s opponent Gefle. Somehow, they have managed to avoid long losing streaks by earning draws here and there which put them on 13 points, 5 more than Gefle at the foot of the table.
Gefle vs Hammarby: Head-to-Head Stats
- Hammarby lead the head-to-head with 8 wins from 15 matches, while Gefle managed 5 wins and 2 were draws.
- Gefle claim a slightly better record at home against Hammarby win 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses from the last 7 competitive matches.
- Hammarby are on a two match winning run against Gelfle and are unbeaten in the last three league meetings.
- Gefle are unbeaten at home in the last 4 league meetings against Hammarby with 3 wins and a draw.
- Hammarby’s last win in a league match at Gefle can be dated back to May 2006.
Gefle vs Hammarby: Prediction
I can easily classify this one as a highly unpredictable match considering the poor forms of the sides involved. Also both sides are extremely poor in defence, so I expect this encounter to witness a higher number of goals.
It is very natural to tend to go for over 3.5 goals looking at the stats. But to be on the safer side, it will be better to go for over 2.5 goal.
My recommended tip is to back both teams to score. I also believe this match will see a winner at the end of 90 minutes.
Gefle vs Hammarby: Tips
- Double Chance – Gefle/Hammarby.
- Over 2.5 goals.
- Both Teams to Score.