Galatasaray vs Genclerbirligi
Turkey – Super Lig
Date: Sunday, 1 March 2020
Kick-Off at 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET
Venue: Türk Telekom Stadyumu (Istanbul).
After thrashing city rivals Galatasaray are on cloud nine. They have 7 match win streak currently active and have conceded very few goals in that period. At present form, they look impossible to beat. They have the best defense in the league conceding just 18 goals in 23 matches so far.
The visitors are also on a 2 match win streak but it will take something special to keep Galatasaray quiet. Their defense need to be literally perfect to stop Falcao and company from scoring. But already they have conceded 39 goals and that number may go up on Sunday most probably.
Galatasaray vs Genclerbirligi: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Galatasaray has 3 wins and a loss in their last 5 meetings against this opposition.
- The reverse fixture saw both of them share points.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of their last 5 meetings across all venues.
- It has been all Galatasaray, the last 5 times these two met at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 matches.
- The hosts have themselves scored 3 or more goals in those 4 games.
- Both sides scored in those games as well.
Galatasaray vs Genclerbirligi: Prediction
There is no doubt about the winners of this upcoming league match. The hosts are in sublime form especially in front of their home fans. Their previous league defeat here came in late November 2019.
Galatasaray has only one clean sheet in their 5 home fixtures. They have given away goals against the team’s way below their opponents for Sunday. Both teams had 5 recent games where the total score had more than 2.5 goals at the final whistle. Their h2h games at this ground also have a similar scoreline in recent times. The visitors have also found goal-scoring form-finding goals in 9 of the 10 recent games on the road. So we can be pretty sure about both teams getting goals and the score to have more than 2.5 goals in Istanbul.
Galatasaray vs Genclerbirligi: Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 goals in total @ 1.62 (5/8).
- Both teams to score @ 1.92 (10/11).