Fulham vs Sheffield United
England – Championship
Date: Monday, 20 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Craven Cottage.
Fulham are the toppers of the table, and they have been the overall best team in the competition by a considerable distance. However, their form in recent weeks has been a little concerning for fans.
Though they have not lost any game anytime soon, they have gone on a series of draws.
The team will be determined to put an end to this run immediately, and will go all out for the three points this Monday.
The job will not be easy though. Sheffield are in good form, and are finding the back of the net consistently.
Still, they are on the road, and have an inferior h2h record against this rival over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Fulham this Monday. But a clean sheet might be asking too much at this point.
Fulham vs Sheffield United Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 1-0 win for Fulham.
- They had won four of the past five clashes.
- Since 2000, the hosts have a 100% winning record at this ground, barring just two draws.
- The hosts had scored three or more goals in two of the former three encounters at this venue.
Fulham vs Sheffield United Prediction & Analysis
Fulham were held to a 1-1 draw on the road by Luton the last match-day. Going on, they are on an 11-fixture unbeaten streak, and in the process they had gone on a seven-fixture winning run during this stretch.
They have also lost just once at home this whole season, and they had also won five of the past seven appearances here.
Judging these stats, and their overall h2h superiority, expect a win for the toppers.
However, Sheffield have been in good form lately. They had recorded a 2-3 win on the road the last match-day, against Cardiff, and they had not failed to find the back of the net on the road since the end of September.
As such, anticipate goals to come from either side of the pitch this Monday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Fulham are at the top of the table, and they have scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- In fact, while they are the only squad to have crossed the 50-goal mark, none of the others have yet touched the 40-goal mark. To quote a stat, only four other teams have even scored more than 30.
- In the meantime, Sheffield are on a three-game winning streak in the league, and had scored five goals from their last two fixtures alone.
Tips for Fulham vs Sheffield United
Fulham to Win @ 1.80 (4/5)
Both Teams to Score @ 1.75 (3/4).