Fulham vs Birmingham
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Craven Cottage (London)
The hosts are 5th in the points table after the recent win over QPR away from home. They needed that win to break a losing streak that was going on. With just six matches to go, they have almost guaranteed a place in the playoffs. They could possibly rise to the third spot if they win this upcoming tie.
Birmingham is winless in their last eight league matches on the trot. The majority of games during that spell were drawn. They have dropped some important points because the defense could not keep out the opposition.
Fulham vs Birmingham: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Blues have three wins and two defeats in 5 previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five games across all venues.
- Birmingham has won two and lost once in their 5 recent visits to this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those five head to head games here.
- Four of those five matches also had fewer than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
- Birmingham is currently on an 8 game winless run in league fixtures.
Fulham vs Birmingham: Prediction
With 63 goals conceded in the 40 matches, the visitors are one of the worst defenses in the competition. So the home team could improve on their goal-scoring stats this season. But Fulham has also leaked goals against teams like Barnsley, who are at the bottom of the table. They have also conceded against other inferior sides like Huddersfield and Reading. So we may be able to see goals on both ends of the pitch.
The Blues are unbeaten in their 8 recent away games on the trot. Again the majority of these games ended as stalemates, with only three wins included. On the other hand, Fulham has a good record in front of their home crowd. They have won 12 of their 20 home fixtures this season. So I am backing the hosts to win taking the win in the reverse fixture also into account.
Fulham vs Birmingham: Betting Tips
- Fulham to win @ 1.78 (7/9).
- Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).