Freiburg vs Bayern Munich
Date: Saturday, 2 April 2022
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Europa-Park Stadion.
The Bavarians are at the top of the table with a six-point lead, and with just seven fixtures remaining in the competition, they are pretty confident about their chances.
If they happen to hold on to this lead till the end of the campaign, it’s going to be their tenth straight title, and it’ not something that would happen usually to even the best of clubs.
As such, this is an opportunity that the team just cannot let go of. And they will keep an eye on the second-placed Dortmund, who have reduced the gap lately.
Consequentially, the nine-time defending champions will be particular to secure a win this Thursday.
They are pitted against the inconsistent Freiburg, who are placed fifth in the table, trailing 18 points below them.
Freiburg have remained unbeaten lately, but they had failed to convert their draws into wins. Moreover, they also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
For the reasons, expect a winning performance from Bayern as usual, this match-day.
Freiburg vs Bayern Munich Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for the Bavarians.
- They had won four of the past five clashes.
- They had scored two or more goals in the last five meetings.
- It’s been seven years since the hosts have registered a win at this stadium.
Freiburg vs Bayern Munich Prediction & Analysis
Freiburg recorded a 0-0 draw the last match-day, against Furth. They were winless in three of their past four overall fixtures, and they have managed to post just four victories at home since October.
On the other hand, the Bavarians won 4-0 at home the past game week, against Union Berlin. They are on a seven-game unbeaten streak, and they had remained invincible in 17 of their past 19 fixtures.
Note that they were unbeaten in eight of their last nine road trips, and in the process they had gone on a five-fixture winning streak as well.
Considering these observations, and past h2h stats, expect a win for Bayern Munich this Thursday on the road.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Bavarians have scored a total of 81 goals till now, while none of the other squads have even touched the 70-goal mark.
- They have also conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- Meanwhile, Freiburg have won just four times at home, in the past five-month period.
Tips for Freiburg vs Bayern Munich
Bayern Munich to Win & Over 3.5 Match Goals @ 2.75 (7/4)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 1.60 (3/5).