Eintracht Frankfurt vs Mainz Prediction, Betting Tips and Match Preview for German Bundesliga clash on 6 June 2020, Saturday. Kick off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET at the Commerzbank-Arena.
Frankfurt is coming into this match on with 2 consecutive league wins. They are currently on a 3 match unbeaten run after that terrible 5 game losing streak. They are already out of the title race or even a Europa League qualification spot. But if they wish better last season’s finish they need more wins and depend on other results as well.
Mainz is looking at a possible relegation to the second tier at the end of this season. They have a reasonable attacking unit but the reason for their downfall is the defence. They are conceding an average of two goals per match. Currently, they are on a losing streak and just one point away from the relegation zone.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Mainz: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Mainz is on a 2 match winning streak in the head to head matches.
- Both sides have 2 wins each in the last 5 meetings across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 matches in both league and Cup.
- The hosts have won four and lost one in their last 5 matches against this opposition here.
- All four of those matches had a score with more than 2.5 goals.
- The hosts have kept three cleans sheets in those five matches.
- The common score was 3-0 in all those three recent head to head games.
- Mainz is winless in their last 5 league fixtures both home and away.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Mainz: Prediction
Apart from the most recent meeting, the hosts have a winning streak going on against this opposition at this ground. Also, with the current winning run in the league, they will have the upper hand in this game. Mainz is having trouble in winning at both home and away. So I am backing the hosts to win this weekend game.
Mainz may be on a winless run but they have a good attacking unit which can break any defence on their day. From the 29 games, they have scored 37 goals but have the worst defence in the league after conceding 62 goals. Only Bremen has conceded this much goals in the season so far. So I am backing a score with both teams getting goals.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Mainz: Betting Tips
The home team to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.53 (6/11).