France will be locking horns with Russia in a international friendly ahead on Tuesday. These two side will be meeting for a record 6 times, after they last met in 2002. Every European football federation is making sure their national team is in shape ahead of the up coming EURO 2016 in France and we can expect a lot of experiments with the line-ups and tactics here.
The 1998 world cup winner last tasted defeat at a friendly game they played with England at the Wembley stadium. Before then France had maintained 4 straight wins which include a 2-0 triumph over Germany in November 2015.
Similar scenario applies to the Russia side, who also suffered 3-1 thrashing from the hands of Croatia after they have earlier pulled 4 games winning streak.
- France won 6 of their last 7 matches, with the defeat coming against England at Wembley on November 2015.
- The Les Bleus are on a three match winning streak at home and kept a clean sheet in the last two.
- Russia tasted defeat just once in their last 7 matches. The defeat came against Croatia at the last international friendly window in November 2015.
- Russia kept clean sheets in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Russia are on a 4 match winning streak while playing away from home.
France: Predicted Line up
Hugo: Jallet, Varane, Sakho, Evra; Pogba, Diarra, Matuidi: Coma, Antonio, Martial
Russia: Predicted Line up
Kristyuk: Smolnikov, Berezutski, Ignashevi, Kombarov: Torasov, Zhirkov, Ivanov, Mamev, Samedov: Smolov
France vs Russia: Head-to-Head-Stats
Five meeting between this two side so far, with both teams wining twice each and other one ending in a draw.
France and Russia haven’t met since their last encounter in 2002, which ended in a 0-0 stalemate.
France vs Russia: Prediction
It a game of preparedness, therefore both teams will looking out for their strength and weakness ahead of the forth coming Euro 2016 championship in France.
However, it will be very hard for this encounter not to produce a goal. Any result will point to a hoe each team have to fill before the upcoming championship.