Fortaleza vs Sao Paulo
Brazil – Serie A
Date: Thursday, 11 November 2021
Kick-off at 00:30 UK / 01:30 CET
Venue: Estadio Castelao.
Fortaleza and Sao Paulo have played some high-scoring contest between themselves lately (including the two Copa do Brasil semifinal ties in late-August/mid-September). However, neither of the two teams have shown strong attacking form of late which is why we are backing the Under 2.5 goals FT pick at the 1.53 odds.
Fortaleza vs Sao Paulo Head-to-head
- These two teams met each other in the Copa do Brasil quarterfinal when Fortaleza advanced 5-3 on aggregate.
- Fortaleza also celebrated a 0-1 victory in the first half of the Serie A campaign in mid-July.
- The Over 2.5 goals FT & Both Teams To Score option landed in five of the last six head to head encounters between these two teams.
Fortaleza vs Sao Paulo Predictions & Analysis
Fortaleza will be hoping to end a three-game losing thread on Wednesday evening when they play host to Sao Paulo in the 31st round of the Serie A.
The hosts have had a miraculously good campaign in this term of the Brazilian top flight, just a year after barely avoiding the drop in the very last round of the season.
Fortaleza are well on their way to secure the qualification for the elite continental competition.
Nonetheless, Juan Vojvoda’s men have well compromised their situation in the battle for the top-four finish with the aforementioned losing thread.
They are one point shy of RB Bragantino in fourth place (but have a game in hand on them) after falling to America Mineiro and Corinthians in the last two rounds).
Vojvoda’s troops were also eliminated from the Copa do Brasil after home and away defeats (1-6 on aggregate) to Atletico Mineiro in the semifinal of the competition.
Next up for them are Sao Paulo who have been playing hot and cold since the beginning of the season.
The visitors are just seven points adrift of the danger zone but they have shown some kind of improvement under Rogerio Ceni in the last several weeks.
Key Stats for Betting
- Fortaleza are on a run of three consecutive defeats across competitions.
- They did not score a goal in the weekend’s 1-0 loss at Corinthians.
- None of the last ten matches Sao Paulo played in the Serie A saw three or more goals scored.
- Sao Paulo drew two and lost two of the last four away matches in the league, scoring just one goal in the process.
Tips for Fortaleza vs Sao Paulo
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.53 (8/15)
Draw @ 3.00 (2/1)