Fortaleza vs Bragantino
Brazil – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 30 August 2020
Kick-off at 01:00 UK/ 02:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Presidente Vargas.
The Lion of the Pici were one of the in-form teams the last season in the Serie A, and they had missed out on the Libertadores by the tiniest of margins. Still, they were the first sides to make it into the Sudamericana.
By all means, they could be considered as a veteran of the Brazilian top flight. However, the same cannot be said of their counterparts.
The Massa Bruta have just been promoted to the Serie A, and they have been struggling so far to deliver good performances – which was expected.
Likely, count on Fortaleza to dominate proceedings this weekend.
Fortaleza vs Bragantino: Head-to-head (h2h)
- These two teams have not locked horns with each other in the last eleven years. In the decade before that, Felipe Conceicao’s men used to the stronger squad.
- The latest encounter between the two ended in a 4-1 win for Massa Bruta.
- They had recorded wins in three of the former four encounters.
- 100% of match-ups at this stadium have had goals from both teams, as well as three or more goals.
- The biggest win at this venue had gone to the hosts – a 6-1 victory.
Fortaleza vs Bragantino: Prediction
Rogerio Ceni’s men were unbeaten in 11 of their past 14 overall fixtures, and in the process they had also registered a stretch of nine wins from ten matches. At home, they have lost just twice in the last ten months, and also were unbeaten in 17 of their previous 19 appearances here.
On top of that, they have been one of the usual contenders for the continental competitions from the Serie A for the last several years, whereas their counterparts are extremely inexperienced, as they have just been promoted.
Moreover, Conceicao’s men were also winless in six of their former eight overall match-ups, and remained so in seven of their last nine road trips.
Taking into account these observations, expect Fortaleza to have a great game this weekend.
Fortaleza vs Bragantino: Betting Tips
To Score in First Half: Fortaleza vs @ 1.75 (3/4)
Fortaleza 0, +0.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.50 (1/2).