Fleetwood Town vs Blackpool
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Highbury Stadium (Fleetwood)
The high flying Cod Army will welcome an in-form Blackpool side in round 37 of League One. The home side has the advantage of playing in front of home fans. Their home form has been pretty good, with only 1 defeat in 17 matches so far at the Highbury Stadium.
Fleetwood is looking to seal a promotion spot and continue their winning run. The Seasiders with their current away form will have to work wonders for stopping Fleetwood.
Fleetwood Town vs Blackpool: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Blackpool has won 3 and lost once in the last 5 head to head games.
- More than 2.5 goals came in 4 of those matches on the trot.
- Both teams scored in those 3 games across all venues.
- The reverse fixture was won by the Pool in December with a score of 3-1.
- Both sides have one win each in 4 meetings at this ground.
Fleetwood Town vs Blackpool: Prediction
Many would think Blackpool will have a chance to upset the home team. They have the attacking power to put a goal past the home defense but a goal may not be enough for them. A winless run extending to 14 matches away from home will not help them in achieving a top 10 finish in the table.
Meanwhile, the hosts are on a stupendous home run losing only once in their 17 games at Highbury. They have an active 3 match win streak to go with it.
In 15 league matches of each team, the score had less than 2.5 goals. The same scoreline evolved in 4 recent games of Fleetwood Town. Two head to head games at this ground also had a similar final score. So I am backing a low scoring game with the hosts prevailing at the end of ninety minutes.
Fleetwood Town vs Blackpool: Betting Tips
- Fleetwood Town to win @ 1.88 (7/8).
- Under 2.5 goals @ 1.78 (7/9).