Flamengo vs Parana Clube
Brazilian Serie A
Date: Sunday, 10 June 2018
Kick-Off at 23:00 UK / 00:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Maracana, Rio de Janeiro.
Mengao will finally have an easier fixture to deal with on Sunday evening when they are set to close the Matchday No 11 in Serie A. The hosts managed to take advantage of the momentum and make it three wins on the bounce beating bitter rivals and defending champions Corinthians in the People’s derby last weekend.
They are now to play the league newcomers who will have the chance to enjoy the occasion of playing at Maracana once again, for the first time after a decade in a Serie A affair. The visitors immediately started to feel the strength of a higher division football as they got off to a poor lick off to the new season in the elite. Nonetheless, Rogerio Micale’s men managed to arrest the slump in form seven days ago when they shocked Fluminense 2-1 in front of the home crowd.
Flamengo vs Parana: Head-to-head
- Interestingly, it’s Parana who have been more successful over the course of history.
- Tricolor da Vila won 10, drew 1 and lost 6 of 17 head to head contests with Mengao.
- Flamengo won only 2 and lost as many as 6 of 9 home matches against Parana.
- As mentioned above, it’s been ten years since these two sides last met in Serie A.
- The previous clash saw them take on each other in the Primeira Liga quarterfinal in August last year when Parana advanced on penalties after the regular period ended in a 1-1 draw.
Flamengo vs Parana: Predictions
Flamengo escaped on a four-point cushion at the very top of the league ladder thanks to the streak of three consecutive victories. They will have a great chance to maintain the fine home form (five wins and two draws in last seven home matches in all competitions) against the struggling opposition on Sunday. The home win looks to be a banker bet at the odds of 1.53 and we’ll take it with higher stakes.
You can also try with the hosts to keep things tight at the back as they’ve been very tough to break down lately. Parana are generally struggling for goals, particularly on travels where they scored just two goals during the negative thread of three losses and a draw in four matches.
Flamengo vs Parana: Betting Tips
- Flamengo to win @ 1.53
- Flamengo to keep a clean sheet @ 1.80.