Fiorentina vs Verona
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 12 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: Stadio Artemio Franchi.
Fiorentina has managed to improve their positions in the table compared to last season. But with three matches to go, they can improve on that further.
The latest fixture saw them draw Cagliari at home. But compared to their upcoming opposition they are unbeaten in two matches right now.
Verona has lost both their recent league games. But the latest of those was a 2-2 against the formidable Inter Milan.
They could have picked up all three points in that game if they had not conceded that dreadful own goal. But scoring past one of the best defense will give them a load of confidence in the upcoming games.
Fiorentina vs Verona: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have two wins each in their last five competitive meetings.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches across all venues.
- Currently, Verona is on a two-game winning streak against the Purple Ones.
- The visitors have not lost in three head to head matches at this ground.
- Both sides have found the back of the net in three of their latest five clashes here.
- Three of the games during that spell also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
Fiorentina vs Verona: Prediction
Franck Ribery and the company have not won a home match in the league since early January. The majority of the six matches since then have been drawn.
A similar record exists for Verona in their away games. The only win they picked up in the last 10 matches on the road came against a relegation placed Spal.
But the latest head to head history gives Verona the upper hand at this ground. Taking the above facts under consideration I think we can see yet another draw in this fixture.
The Purple Ones have found the back of the net in eight of their latest home fixtures. This has become a habit of the hosts as they have conceded 21 goals in 16 matches at home soil.
The visitors have also given away more goals in matches away from home. So with both sides having shabby defenses, I think we will see goals on both ends of the field.
Fiorentina vs Verona: Betting Tips
Match to [email protected] 3.70 (27/10).
Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).