Fiorentina vs Napoli
Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 29 April 2018
Kick-Off: 17:00 UK,
Venue: Stadio Artemio Franchi (Florence).
Napoli will look to leap-frog Juventus into top spot as they take on Fiorentina on Sunday afternoon. The Partenopei defeated Juventus last round in what could ultimately turn into the title-decider thanks to a late goal from Kalidou Koulibaly and now are just one point behind the Bianconeri. With Juve facing a tough test against Inter, can the Partenopei take advantage and pick up all three points against a Fiorentina side who are wobbling as of late?
Napoli are not only undefeated in their last 30 away games but became only the second team to beat Juve at home in the league this term. More important, they have conceded just two goals in their last 11 away fixtures, whilst keeping clean sheets in seven of their last eight away games.
Fiorentina momentarily found their footing following captain Davide Astori’s passing in early March, but Stefano Pioli’s side have now fallen into a rut. They’ve picked up just one point from their last three games since losing 2-0 to Roma, but come into this game having lost to Sassuolo.
That leaves them somewhat off the pace in the late race for a Europa League spot, but they are only four behind Atalanta, so they haven’t thrown in the towel just yet. However, their record against Napoli is quite poor to say the least, and the Partenopei will be playing every single game like it’s a final as they are just a whisker away of achieving their objective this term.
Fiorentina vs Napoli: Head-to-head
Napoli are undefeated in their last 30 away matches
- Napoli have kept a clean sheet in 7 of their last 8 away matches
- Napoli are undefeated in their last 9 matches against Fiorentina in all competitions
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Fiorentina’s last 6 games
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Napoli’s last 8 away games
- Napoli have conceded just two goals in their last 11 away games in Serie A
- Fiorentina’s last win against Napoli at home was in January 2009
- Fiorentina have won only once in their last 15 Serie A meetings against Napoli, losing on seven occasions
Fiorentina vs Napoli: Prediction
Napoli have inched ever so closer towards achieving their objective: the Scudetto. They’re certainly not going to let this opportunity slide, and with their excellent away record, coupled with Fiorentina’s bad track record against them, the Partenopei are the natural heavy favorites to come out on top here in a probably narrow victory.
Fiorentina vs Napoli: Betting tips
- Under 2.5 goals at 2.07
- Napoli – WIN at 1.48