Fiorentina vs Juventus
Italian Serie A
Date: Sunday, 15th January 2017
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Venue: Stadio Artemio Franchi (Florence).
An entertaining clash awaits as Fiorentina take on Juventus in the late game on Sunday at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.
The Viola are winless in their past three games, although, they scraped by to secure a victory over Chievo midweek. They are still struggling to break into the European football spots and saw their game against Pescara cancelled due to bad weather. Given the fact that the Delfini are one of the worst-performing sides, the Gigliati surely would have wanted that game to proceed as it would have certainly been another likely – and much needed – three points in the bag.
Taking on Juventus is never an easy proposition. The Bianconeri have won their past four games, and that extends to five after winning midweek against Atalanta. However, Massimiliano Allegri’s side have appeared to be a bit off in recent weeks. They lost the Supercoppa Italiana on spot-kicks to AC Milan last month, and despite rebounding against Bologna, they were given quite a fright against Atalanta that definitely had Allegri quite livid with their defensive collapse.
That being said, Juve have conceded just 14 times in 18 games, which means they have the strongest defense in the league. They also have put together the longest unbeaten home streak, which was achieved when they beat Bologna in the last round. So whilst things have appeared a bit off, Juventus are still by far the more superior side. Fiorentina are not the most consistent side and have conceded in their last five games – something that Juve’s strong attack will be eager to exploit on Sunday.
Fiorentina vs Juventus: Head-to-head statistics
- Fiorentina have a record of W6-D8-L6 in their past 20 home games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Juventus have a record of W15-D1-L4 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked below them in the table.
- The Bianconeri have won five straight matches against Fiorentina, scoring two goals or more on each occasion.
- The Viola have won only one of their last 17 Serie A clashes against Juventus, coming at home in October 2013 via a 4-2 scoreline (6D, 10L).
- Fiorentina have failed to score in four of their last six home encounters against Juve in the league, finding the net in each of the previous 11.
- The Gigliati are undefeated in their last 10 home matches.
- La Vecchia Signora have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches against Fiorentina in all competitions.
Fiorentina vs Juventus: Prediction
Here’s an interesting stat – 60 per cent of Fiorentina’s losses have been by one goal. Meanwhile, 60 per cent of Juventus’s away wins have been by one goal. The same should take place on Sunday – a one goal differential. It is likely set to be a tight game, but the Bianconeri again should come out on top and extend their strong run and lead on top of the table.
Fiorentina vs Juventus: Betting tips
Under 2.5 goals 8/11 (1.73)
Juventus – WIN at 4/5 (1.80).