Finn Harps vs Shelbourne
Ireland – Premier Division
Date: Tuesday, 4 August 2020
Kick-Off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Finn Park (Ballybofey).
The harps managed to stay in the Premier Division for one more season by winning the relegation playoff. But the team has not learned from their past mistakes. After five rounds they are 8th in the table after losing three games. All three of those defeats came back to back in recent weeks.
The Reds have is playing their first season at the top flight after promotion this season. They have two wins and three defeats from the five games so far. Currently, they are on a two-match losing streak which might get worse as the season progresses. The defense has given away more goals than what the attack has scored, which is the story of the majority of teams at the bottom half of the table.
Finn Harps vs Shelbourne: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last three head to head matches saw both these teams share points.
- Both of them have a win each in five previous clashes across all venues.
- The latest four clashes had a final score with fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
- The Harps are unbeaten in six recent meetings here with this opposition (W3, D3).
- Both sides scored in half of those six games at this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in the majority of those six games too.
Finn Harps vs Shelbourne: Prediction
Both sides have similar stats in their home and away seasons so far. The home side has won their only match this season at home against a struggling Sligo Rovers. The visitors also picked up a win and a loss in two matches on the road this season. But when we look at their previous history the tendency to draw is high in recent times. In their last two visits to this ground, the Reds managed to get a point. So we can expect this game to be a draw.
The visitors have also managed to break down the home defence on multiple occasions. In the present scenario, they will definitely get chances as the Harps have already given away four goals in their two home games. So I am backing a draw with goals from both sides.
Finn Harps vs Shelbourne: Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 3.10 (21/10).
Both teams to score @ 2.04 (1/1).