Finland vs Greece
UEFA Nations League
Date: Monday, 15th October 2018
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Ratina Stadion (Tampere).
It is crunch time in UEFA Nations League c Group 3 when Finland welcome Greece in the battle of group supremacy.
The teams are meeting for the first time at the competition’s group stage and they are separated at the top of the table by 3 points.
Finland sit at the top of the group having won all their three games so far by the exact 1-0 margin. They defeated Estonia twice in the process and Hungary at home in the group’s opening fixture.
On the other hand, Greece are second in the table having won 2 of their 3 games. They bagged a 1-0 win against Hungary this Saturday, having lost 1-2 to the same opposition in September. The Greek’s second win came away at Estonia by a 1-0 margin.
Finland vs Greece Head-to-head
- The team playing away has won only once in the whole history of match-ups between these two sides.
- Finland is on a streak of three wins at home and in their last ten home matches, only once the visiting team has won.
- Only one team has scored in the last six matches of Finland.
- Greece has never won an away game against Finland.
- Greece has conceded 12 goals in their last five matches at Finland’s home.
- The teams last met in Euro 2016 qualifying group stage, Finland bagged a 1-0 away win at Greece, courtesy of a late goal from Leverkusen striker Joel Pohjanpalo.
Finland vs Greece Prediction
The Finns have been consistent at home off-late with an 8 match unbeaten streak (6W, 2D). Also, they won their last four at the home turf with clean sheets to go with it. It is certain that the opposition will have to sweat hard to score a goal here.
Greece are not a side in consistent form, especially they have failed time and time again on the road. This team lost three of the last four away games, conceded at least twice in three of them. Still, it is worth to note that Greeks have a knack of scoring goals (scored in 9 of their last 11 away games).
Thus, the home versus away form comparison heavily favors Finland and they should do well here to increase their point tally to 12, also when considering Greece are yet to win in Finnish soil.
Finland vs Greece Betting Tips
The best value in in backing Draw-no-Bet Finland @ 2.10 (11/10).