Feyenoord vs Ajax
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Sunday, 19 December 2021
Kick-off at 13:30 UK / 14:30 CET
Venue: Stadion Feijenoord.
Ajax fell at home to AZ Alkmaar last time out and they are about to face Feyenoord who have been impeccable in Rotterdam so far in the season.
However, Feyenoord did not shine at all in the last two games (including mid-week’s KNVB Beker elimination to Twente after extra-time) and it is hard to ignore the 1.75 odds offered for the victory of a clearly better team.
Feyenoord vs Ajax Head-to-head
- Ajax have been the dominant force in the history of this matchup, winning 37 and losing just 8 of the last 62 encounters with Feyenoord.
- Ajax will go into this on the back of four consecutive wins over Feyenoord who have failed to find the back of the net in the process.
- Ajax bagged at least three goals In three of the last four clashes against Feyenoord.
Feyenoord vs Ajax Predictions & Analysis
Feyenoord and Ajax will take on each other in one of the biggest matches Dutch football can offer on Sunday afternoon in Rotterdam.
Neither of the two outfits will enter the derby of the Matchday in the highest of spirits following their respective slip-ups from last weekend.
Ajax suffered their second defeat of the season when they fell 1-2 at home to AZ Alkmaar seven days ago.
The defending champions were by far the superior side on the pitch throughout the 90 minutes of the affair, but they failed to capitalize, wasting numerous chances in front of AZ’s goal on the occasion.
Erik ten Hag’s troops slipped to the second position in the league standings as a consequence.
The derby against third-placed Feyenoord thus comes at a tricky moment for them, because a potential failure in Rotterdam could see PSV escaping on a four-point gap atop the standings.
Feyenoord, on the other side, failed to see off Groningen on the road last weekend, playing only a disappointing 1-1 draw in the previous round.
Nevertheless, they will fancy their chances here because of a tremendous home record of seven wins and one draw in eight league games at Stadion Feijenoord so far in the season.
Key Stats for Betting
- Five of the last six matches Ajax played produced three or more goals.
- The same scenario happened in three of Feyenoord’s last four league affairs.
- Ajax won each of the last four clashes against Feyenoord.
- Ajax notched three or more goals in three of the last four head-to-head affairs.
Tips for Feyenoord vs Ajax
Ajax to win @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 2.5 goals FT @ 1.53 (8/15)