Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev
Quarter Final – Australian Open
Date: Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Just eight more guys remain in the race for the crown in Melbourne. It’s the endgame now.
As expected, Medvedev has been in spectacular form right from the beginning, and he’s the pundits’ top choice to go all the way. He is after all, the most recent Grand Slam champion, as he lifted the 2021 US Open.
And he will face a familiar opponent in the Quarters. Medvedev and Auger-Aliassime had clashed in the semis of the US, and then Daniil had recorded a dominant win in straight sets.
The Russian then followed it up with another win in the ATP Cup, just two weeks back – and that too by straight sets.
It appears as if Daniil will have the upper hand this Wednesday in Melbourne against the 21-year-old Canadian.
Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev Head-to-head (h2h)
- Daniil has a 100% winning record against this rival.
- The last time these two locked horns was in the ATP Cup, on the 8th of January 2022. Then the Russian registered a 6-4, 6-0 win. Thus the most recent set between the had ended in a 6-0 win for Medvedev.
- Before that, these two had clashed in the semi final of the US Open, which the Canadian once again lost in straight sets.
- In fact, in all his career, Auger-Aliassime has managed to win a single set against this opponent.
Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev Prediction & Analysis
Felix had lost eight of his past twenty matches, and two of these losses had come against Medvedev. This is also the Canadian’s third-ever Quarter Final appearance, and his lack of experience will probably be a deciding factor against a total heavyweight like Daniil.
Moreover, in h2h clashes, the Russian has always dominated, and the latest meeting between the two had come just two weeks back – in which Felix lost rather in an embarrassing fashion.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Daniil Medvedev this Wednesday at the Rod Laver Arena, and thus secure a ticket to the final four of the competition.
Key Stats for Betting
- Medvedev is currently the highest seed in the tournament, and he is the 2nd ranked player in the world. Meanwhile, his Canadian opponent is ranked 9th in the world by ATP.
- Daniil had won the most recent Grand Slam (US Open), while Felix has not won a single title in his career.
Tips for Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev
Daniil Medvedev -5.5 Games Asian Handicap @ 1.70 (7/10)
Under 37.5 Games @ 1.75 (3/4).