FC Utrecht vs NEC Nijmegen
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Friday, 29 April 2022
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Stadion Galgenwaard.
Utrecht are in possession of the seventh spot, and it is important for them they keep holding on to this position, as a top-seven finish is a must to ensure an entry to the playoffs for European competitions.
However, their recent record is a bit worrisome, and the team will be determined to not let it affect their hard work earlier in the season, go down the drain.
Meanwhile, Nijmegen are also going through a rather poor stretch of performances at the moment, and are struggling quite a lot with their defense.
Moreover, majority of h2h meetings over the years also have goals in plenty over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a goal-fest this Friday at the Stadion Galgenwaard.
FC Utrecht vs NEC Nijmegen Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-3 win for Utrecht.
- They had won three of the past four clashes.
- Three of the last six meetings had goals from both teams.
- The past two clashes at this ground had goals from both teams.
FC Utrecht vs NEC Nijmegen Prediction & Analysis
Utrecht lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Feyenoord. They had also won just once since the first week of February.
It also needs to be mentioned that they have registered a single win at home since November.
On the other hand, Nijmegen lost 0-1 at home the past game week, against Ajax. They are on a two-fixture losing streak, and they had remained winless in ten of their past twelve matches.
They had also lost two of their past three road trips.
Taking into account these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend between the two teams.
Key Stats for Betting
- Utrecht are one of the only two teams in the whole competition to have remained winless in the past five fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Nijmegen have a total of one clean sheet from their past eight games.
Tips for FC Utrecht vs NEC Nijmegen
Both Teams to Score @ 1.60 (3/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.60 (3/5).