FC Midtjylland vs Sonderjyske
Denmark – Superliga
Date: Monday, 2 March 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 09:00 CET
Venue: MCH Arena (Herning)
The toppers will be seen in action at home on Monday. They have a 9 point lead over the current champs FC Copenhagen and will most probably win the title this season. They are on a 2 match winning run after a surprise defeat to Aarhus. This was their only their second defeat in 22 matches this season. We may be in for a one-sided match as the visitors had a disappointing few weeks lately.
FC Midtjylland vs Sonderjyske: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The hosts are unbeaten in the last 5 meetings against Sonderjyske.
- They have won 4 of those 5 games across all venues.
- Midtjylland has never failed to score in 7 of the last 8 h2h games.
- Sonderjyske previously won a game against this opposition in 2017.
- The hosts have a 3 match win streak in head to head games at this ground.
- They have never lost to Sonderjyske since 2012 at this ground.
- In the previous 8 consecutive meetings, the hosts have scored 2 or more goals.
FC Midtjylland vs Sonderjyske: Betting Tips
In 6 straight h2h games at this ground, the full-time score had over 2.5 goals. More than 2 goals were scored by the hosts in their 4 recent home games as well. Six matches of the visitors also have a similar scoreline. In light of these facts, I am backing this game to be a high scoring match.
The hosts have been dominant all through this season. They won the reverse fixture 2-0 too. In most of their matches this season they score early in the first half. They have never lost in the first half of their 22 league games this season. So I am backing the home team to rule the first half of the match against Sonderjyske.
FC Midtjylland vs Sonderjyske: Prediction
- FC Midtjylland to win in First half @ 1.90 (9/10).
- Over 2.5 goals @ 1.70 (7/10).