FC Copenhagen vs Aalborg
Denmark – Superliga
Date: Sunday, 1 March 2020
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Telia Parken (Copenhagen)
The reverse fixture was an upset for the fans of Copenhagen. Aalborg took the lead early and defended well to get the three points. They have won 80% of the matches where they scored first this season.
Copenhagen failed to win their last 2 league fixtures which include a loss to Esbjerg away from home. Losing to a struggling team has raised questions about the team’s mentality. With few matches remaining they will have to depend on the results of toppers Midtjylland to win the league.
FC Copenhagen vs Aalborg: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have 2 wins each in their 5 previous head to head games.
- Aalborg won the reverse fixture scoring the only game in the match.
- In 3 of those 5 matches, the final score had less than 2.5 goals.
- Copenhagen has never lost to this opposition sat home since May 2007.
- They have not lost any of their 10 recent home matches in the league.
FC Copenhagen vs Aalborg: Prediction
There is no doubt about who has been dominant in the head to head matches. The hosts have never against Aalborg here for over 10 years now. They are currently without a win in the last 2 games and need one immediately if they want to be champions. Current champions are my pick to win this game even though the away side is in form.
The visitors netted goals in 7 of their most recent matches on the road. The latest head to head stats also shows the same trend in 5 previous clashes at this ground. Copenhagen has a couple of their strikers in form also. So I am backing a match with both sides finding the back of the net on Sunday.
FC Copenhagen vs Aalborg: Betting Tips
- FC Copenhagen to win @ 1.95 (10/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).