Excelsior vs VVV-Venlo
Netherlands – Eerste Divisie
Date: Friday, 15 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Van Donge & De Roo Stadion.
Excelsior are currently the toppers of the table, and have been the best in the league this season. At home this Friday, they are expected to secure three points with a win against Venlo, who have been on a poor stretch of performances on the road for quite some time.
Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Excelsior vs VVV-Venlo Head-to-head
- Excelsior had won three of the former five meetings.
- In the past eight-year period, they have lost just twice against this opponent.
- At this stadium, the hosts have lost just four times all through this campaign.
Excelsior vs VVV-Venlo Prediction & Analysis
Excelsior had recorded a 0-1 win on the road the last match-day, against Emmen. In the meantime, Venlo had won 2-0 at home against Maastricht.
Going on, the toppers were unbeaten in seven of their former nine games, and they had scored thrice or more in three of their former six fixtures. They have lost once at home in 2021-22, and just twice since March of 2021.
On the other hand, their counterparts were winless in 25 of their last 32 games, and in the process they had gone on an 11-match losing streak as well.
Do also note that they had lost 10 of their past 13 road trips, and have a single win away from home since January of 2021.
Taking into account all of these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for Excelsior this Friday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Excelsior are at the top of the table, and so far they have lost just thrice through this campaign.
- Only four teams in the competition have conceded fewer goals than them, and only once have they lost at home this league season.
- Last season, they had finished ninth in the table, narrowly missing out on a playoff spot.
- Meanwhile, Venlo have a 100% losing record on the road, barring their sole win against the dead-last placed Dordrecht.
Tips for Excelsior vs VVV-Venlo
Excelsior to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Excelsior @ 1.83 (5/6).