Excelsior vs Ajax
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Sunday, 11th November 2018
Kick-off at 13.30 UK/ 14.30 CET
Venue: Stadion Woudestein (Rotterdam).
The eleventh-placed team in the Dutch Eredivisie hosts one of the best teams in the country, the famed Ajax. The terrifying Ajax with the likes of Huntelaar, de Ligt and Frenkie de Jong.
Excelsior just experienced an excruciating ordeal at home against the worst team in the league. Groningen scored four goals past the home defense with ease. All Excelsior could muster in return was two goals. The crowd was almost in tears by the time the match ended.
Ajax comes after dealing with their Champions League duties. Their Group stage fixtures are ongoing, and they will be pleased with themselves as they were able to record a comeback draw, at an away ground, against a tough opposition like Benfica.
Excelsior vs Ajax Head-to-head (h2h)
- Ajax has won 14 times against Excelsior, while the latter could record only two wins.
- Six of the 14 wins by Ajax have been on the road.
- Excelsior’s only home victory against Ajax came long back in 2007.
- Excelsior has won only two of their last ten matches.
- Ajax is on a run of ten unbeaten matches and has lost only once in their last 21 outings.
- Excelsior could only record two wins in their last nine home matches, and three in their last 16.
- Ajax is currently on a streak of five unbeaten matches on the road and has lost just once in their last 11 outings on the road.
Excelsior vs Ajax Prediction
The match is such a lopsided one, that the odds for Ajax to win are placed at 1.20. The powerhouses of Dutch football will have no trouble in despatching this mid-table team, despite being on the road. The only question is how dominant will be Ajax against their opponents.
Ajax has dominated the head-to-head matches in a very skewed manner. They have recorded 14 wins in response to their two losses. Ajax has been on a terrific run of form lately. They qualified for the Champions League and has been impressive there too.
Overall, Ajax is unbeaten in their last ten matches, and unbeaten in their last five away matches.
Expect the trend to continue. Ajax will win this match with at least a two-goal margin. Both halves will be won by the guests.
Excelsior vs Ajax Betting Tips
Half Time/ Full Time: Ajax/ Ajax @ 1.50 (1/2)
EH (+1 for Excelsior) : Ajax to win @ 1.40 (2/5).