Eupen vs St.Truiden
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Saturday, 29 August 2020
Kick-Off at 15:15 UK/ 16:15 CET
Venue: Kehrwegstadion (Eupen).
After three matches the home team is in a spot of bother. They have just two points and are just a point away from the relegation zone. They opened the new campaign with a draw against Leuven which makes it two draws in three games. Also, it makes them one among the five sides that are yet to win this season. Not even five matches have been completed; they are giving away goals at the rate of more than a goal per game.
The Canaries are not much better as they are just two points away from this upcoming opposition. Apart from the win over Gent, who is the last team in the table, they have not done anything special. They are coming into this game after a draw against Oostende, another member of the red zone.
Eupen vs St.Truiden: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The visitors are on a two-match winning streak against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten in the last six head to head meetings with Eupen.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those six games.
- Both sides found the back of the net in five of those six matches across different venues.
- The away team is unbeaten in their four previous visits to this ground.
- Both sides scored in three of those matches here as well.
Eupen vs St.Truiden: Prediction
The recent draw against Oostende was a disappointing result for the Canaries. They could have gone into the top five if they picked up all three points in that particular game. This upcoming fixture is one of their favorites as they are unbeaten against Eupen for over two years. At present, the hosts are struggling to get wins in the league. The visitors lost their only away game which was against Anderlecht. So I think we can expect a draw or the visitors to get the win.
Both sides have scored in the majority of their recent meetings. We can see the same in five of the last six head to head clashes between these two. The Canaries have conceded against Gent in the opening game even though they won that game. So I am backing a Double Chance for the visitors and both teams scoring this Saturday.
Eupen vs St.Truiden: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or St.Truiden to win @ 1.73 (8/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.66 (2/3).