Eupen vs Club Brugge
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
They had a poor campaign last season finishing 13th, as they lacked in all aspects of the game. They could not even score a goal per game and conceded more than 50 goals too.
The away team is on a whole another level compared to other teams in this competition. They lifted the title last season with a 15 point lead at the top. They have lost only one match in the 29 games played that year. But at the start of this season they were shocked by Sporting Charleroi. But I am pretty sure that they will bounce back and this game is a golden opportunity to get back into winning ways.
Eupen vs Club Brugge: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Brugge is unbeaten in the last six meetings with Eupen.
- They have four wins and two draws in that spell of play.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in nine of the ten head to head games.
- Both sides found the back of the net in seven of those games between them.
- In five meetings between these two at this ground, Brugge has three wins and a loss.
- All matches here saw a final score with more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both of them scored in four of those five clashes at this venue as well.
Eupen vs Club Brugge: Prediction
90% of their previous meetings at this ground had more than 2.5 goals in total. With the Champions on the pitch, we can expect a similar scoreline on Sunday too. They scored a whopping 58 goals in the 29 games, second only to Gent in terms of goals scored. Since they have lost the opener they will be coming into this game all guns blazing for sure.
At the end of the last season, they also had problems in defense, games where they conceded goals even against inferior opposition. The hosts have scored in their season opener, and they have scored in all four of their five previous head to head games at this venue. So I am backing a score with more than 2.5 goals and both teams to score too.
Eupen vs Club Brugge: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.76 (3/4).
Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).