Espanyol vs Villarreal
Spanish La Liga
Date: Sunday, 7 October 2018
Kick-Off at 17:30 UK 18:30 CET
Venue: RCDE Stadium (Cornella de Llobregat).
Villarreal’s fine run of two wins and a draw in La Liga came to an end seven days ago when they fell 0-1 at home to Real Sociedad. The loss moved them down into the bottom half of the standings. Can the Yellow Submarine bounce back on Sunday against Espanyol away at RCDE Stadium?
It will be a very challenging task for Javi Calleja and his men given the Budgerigars’ home form so far in the season. Espanyol are three from three in front of the home fans and they are yet to concede a goal at RCDE Stadium this term.
They generally got off to a fine start under Rubi. Espanyol currently sit seventh even though they have already played the likes of Real Madrid away from home (1-0 loss at Santiago Bernabeu in the fifth round).
Espanyol vs Villarreal: Head-to-head
- The draw was by far the most frequent of outcomes in the history of head to head matches between these two likes.
- It happened on 18 occasions in 36 games.
- Espanyol took only 5 wins and suffered 13 losses in remaining 18 outings.
- It is interesting to note that none of last four head to head affairs saw three or more goals scored.
- As many as 11 of 18 H2H matches at RCDE Stadium ended without a winner.
Espanyol vs Villarreal: Prediction
Looking at teams’ recent form and head to head tradition, a goalless draw is the most likable of outcomes here on Sunday. Both teams have been very tough to break down lately and making the difference will be an uphill battle for each of the sides on the occasion.
Villarreal shipped no goals in three away fixtures in the league so far, while the Budgerigars also kept three clean sheets in three home games in the season.
The Under 2.5 goals FT is a banker bet at the odds of 1.65, while we will alternatively back a goalless draw at 8.00.
Espanyol vs Villarreal: Bet Tips
Under 2.5 goals FT @ 1.65 (13/20)
0-0 Correct Score @ 8.00 (7/1).