Verona are languishing in the bottom of the Serie A table with 22 points and are 9 point below safety, as they travel to face Empoli at Carlo Castellani. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 19:45 GMT on Wednesday, 20th April 2016.
Verona’s only hope of survival is to win their remaining 5 matches, with hope of other teams to lose theirs…. Mission impossible. Losing this game will get them relegated if Carpi wins their game considering the goal difference between the two teams.
Empoli hopes to grab a home win and get back to winning ways after losing 2:0 away to Lazio over the weekend.
- Both team are in a poor form at the moment as they are without a win in 5 of their last 6 games.
- Empoli have won just 1 of their last games, drew 2 and lost 3 while Herras Verona have won 1, drew 1 and lost 4.
- Empoli are a lot better at home, having gone unbeaten in their last 3 home games.
- Hellas Verona have failed to win 32 of their last 35 Serie A games, while Empoli have failed to win 13 of their last 14 Serie A games.
Empoli: Team News
Vincent Laurini was injured against Lazio during the weekend and will miss this game. Massimo Maccarone was rested against Lazio, and he is likely to feature in this game.
Empoli: Predicted Line-up (4-3-1-2)
Rui, Costa. Tonelli, Bittante
Zeilinski, Parades, Croce
Verona: Team News
Flip Helander is a doubt in this game as he limped off the pitch early in the game over the weekend, he may still feature if certified fit in time.
Verona: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Pisano, Bianchetti, Moras, Souprayen
Wszolek, Viviani, Ionita, Emanuelson
Empoli vs Verona: Head-To-Head stats
- Greater number of the ties between this two teams have been played in Serie B and most of the games have ended in draw.
- Empoli have 3 times against Verona, drew 4 and lost 2 times.
- Empoli have only won once at home drew twice and lost once against Herras Verona
Empoli vs Verona: Prediction
With the poor state of both teams and their lack of Enthusiasm during games, being goal shy in front of the goal post and having fewer possessions or pushing few necessary balls upfront, the game will be less entertaining and would likely end as a draw with few or no goals.
Empoli will be a bit better than lacklustre Verona giving them more chance of wining.
- Best bet: Empoli win or draw (1:0)
- Big Money bet: Draw at full time
- Correct score : (0:0)