Elfsborg vs Goteborg:
Date: Sunday, July 17, 2016
Kick-Off – 14:00 UK Time.
Venue: Boras Arena (Boras).
The third placed Goteborg travel to Boras Arena to take on Elfsborg on the match day 14 of the Allsvenskan season 2016.
Elfsborg restarted their league campaign after the mid-season break with a 4-2 win over Helsingborg. They are coming on the back of a 4 match unbeaten run and are 6th in the league with 20 points. They had only lost once in their last 8 games, with 5 wins and 2 draws. Currently at a 4 points gap with Sunday’s visitors Goteborg means this has the prospect of a tough contest as the result could have an impact in the battle for a European football at the end of the season.
Goteborg are at a 6 point distance from league leaders Malmo and 3 points behind the second placed Norrkoping. They are on a hot run of form recently and notched up 5 straight wins in all competitions, two of which are in the UEFA Europa League qualification round against Llandudno FC. They are on a four match unbeaten run in Allsvenskan and lost just once in the last 7, with 5 wins and a draw.
Elfsborg vs Goteborg: Head-to-Head
- Overall (40 matches): Elfsborg – 16 wins, Goteborg – 12 wins, 12 Draws.
- Elfsborg at home vs Goteborg (20 matches): 13 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses.
- Goteborg are on a 7 match unbeaten run against Elfsborg, with 3 wins and 4 draws.
- Elfsborg haven’t lost to Goteborg at the Boras Arena in the last 10 matches, with their last defeat dating back to 2005.
- The last three home matches of Elfsborg against Goteborg were draws.
Elfsborg vs Goteborg: Prediction
Goteborg haven’t lost to Elfsborg since 2012, which is an undefeated run of 7 matches. However the last three matches between the two sides at the Boras Arena were draws. With the kind of the form these teams are in at the moment, this one could see a similar result.
The match is likely to see few goals, despite both teams being in good scoring form. Also, only 2 of the last 8 meetings between the sides have seen over 2.5 goals.
Elfsborg vs Goteborg: Tips
- Double Chance: Elfsborg/Draw
- Under 3.5 goals.
- Match Drawn (Risky)