Elche vs Cadiz
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Kick-off at 15:15 UK/ 16:15 CET
Venue: Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero.
Both Elche and Cadiz are amongst the worst in the La Liga, and are stuck in the bottom-most tier of the table. All along the campaign, the two teams have been conceding goals in plenty, and have grown desperate to put an end to their respective dismal runs.
Particularly, since both teams are level on points at the relegation cut-off, a win this Sunday will be of great importance.
Expect a fierce encounter this Sunday, and anticipate goals from either side of the pitch as well.
Elche vs Cadiz Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-3 win for Elche.
- 13 of the past 17 meetings had goals from both teams.
- The hosts have failed to score just once at this venue since 2004.
- The latest match-up at this stadium had ended in a 1-1 draw.
Elche vs Cadiz Prediction & Analysis
Elche were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day by Osasuna. They were also winless in 17 of the past 20 overall fixtures, and have a total of one win at home in the past six-month period.
In fact, they had let in two or more goals in the past three appearances at home, and have a total of just two clean sheets at this venue this entire season.
On the other hand, Cadiz had lost 1-4 at home the past game week, against Atleti. They were also winless in 13 of the past 15 overall fixtures, and had remained so in four of the previous five road trips.
Taking into account the defensive weaknesses of either team, expect a high-scoring affair this Sunday at the Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero.
Key Stats for Betting
- Elche are placed 17th in the table, and have won just twice all through the campaign. They are also one of the very few teams in the entire competition to stay winless in the past five match-days in the competition.
- They had conceded two or more goals in five of the former seven games, and they have a total of one win at home since May.
- Meanwhile, Cadiz are placed 18th in the table, and only the dead-last placed Levante have conceded more goals than them.
- They also have a total of just two wins on the road this whole season, and had conceded two or more goals in four of the preceding five away fixtures.
Tips for Elche vs Cadiz
Both Teams to Score @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals 2.60 (8/5).