El Salvador vs Costa Rica
World Cup Qualification CONCACAF
Date: Sunday, 27 March 2022
Kick-off at 22:05 UK/ 23:05 CET
Venue: Estadio Cuscatlán.
With just three match-days remaining in the competition, both teams are outside of the qualification zone. El Salvador are in possession of the sixth spot, and the best they could hope for is a fourth-place finish, and thus an entry to the inter-confederation playoffs.
However, they will have to go on a mad winning streak in the remainder of their campaign to do that. This will obviously put them under massive pressure, and it’s a doubt if their already weak defense could handle that.
Meanwhile, the Costa Ricans are placed fifth in the table, and they need a surplus of just one point to climb level with the fourth-placed Panama. And it is going to be an intense race from here on.
As things stand, either of Costa Rica and El Salvador are desperate for a win, and this is kind of the perfect recipe for a goal-fest.
El Salvador vs Costa Rica Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 2-1 win for the Costa Ricans.
- Five of the past nine clashes had goals from both teams.
- Two of the former five encounters in El Salvador had four or more goals.
- Two of the preceding World Cup Qualification games had three or more goals.
El Salvador vs Costa Rica Prediction & Analysis
El Salvador were winless in 16 of their past 18 overall fixtures, and they had lost nine of their past thirteen matches. They had lost four of their past five appearances at home, and they had failed to keep clean sheets in their previous six home games.
On the other hand, the Costa Ricans were winless in nine of their past thirteen overall fixtures, and importantly they have managed to post a total of just three wins on the road since November of 2018.
Taking into account these observations, previous h2h stats, and importantly the kind of desperation the two teams are under, anticipate a goal-fest this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- El Salvador have won just twice in their whole Third Round campaign in the Qualifiers, and one of these wins had come against the dead-last placed Honduras.
- They have kept a total of just one clean sheet in the past ten fixtures.
- Meanwhile, the Costa Ricans have registered a single win on the road, and it had come against Jamaica, who are placed second to last in the table.
Tips for El Salvador vs Costa Rica
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 odd
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.50.