Eintracht Frankfurt vs Antwerp
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 25 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Frankfurt Stadion.
Eintracht Frankfurt and Antwerp, two teams who are in opposite ends of the standings in Group D, will go head-to-head at Deutsche Bank Park in their penultimate fixture in Europa League group stages.
A win for the hosts should ensure they finish top of the table with a game to spare. The visitors should take all 3 points to stay in contention for the second spot depending on the other result or to seal a third-place finish to compete in the Conference League. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Antwerp Head-to-head
- Their only previous meeting ended 0-1 in favour of Frankfurt on matchday 2.
- The Eagles have won twice and lost thrice against Belgian opponents.
- The Great Old has won once and lost 4 games against German clubs.
- The visitors have never won on German soil before.
SGE following their 1-1 draw against Fener in the opening match of the campaign followed it up with wins against this foe on the road and Olympiakos in home and away fixtures. Thus with 3 wins and a draw, they are top of the group with 10 points, 4 points clear of Olympiakos.
Their progress in the Bundesliga has been far from ideal as they are sitting in 11th position, 5 points clear of the relegation zone.
Royal Antwerp suffered defeats against all 3 opponents in their group. They have managed a point through a 2-2 draw on matchday 3 against Fener on the road and are sitting bottom of the table with a point. They are second in the Belgian League 7 points behind Union Saint-Gilloise.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Antwerp Prediction
While I do believe the German club will take all 3 points from this fixture, their first-half goal scoring record has been abysmal in recent times, having secured a lead just twice in their preceding 10 games. I feel the visitors will hold their own in the first half.
- Antwerp has scored in all of their away games this season across all competitions, with both defences being shaky for most parts of the season one should expect both teams to contribute to a considerable amount of goals.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Antwerp Betting Tips
1st Half Asian Handicap +0.5 Antwerp @ 1.90 odds.
Both teams to score & Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 odds.