FC Eindhoven vs Excelsior
Netherlands – Eerste Divisie
Date: Friday, 28 February 2020
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Jan Louwers Stadion (Eindhoven)
After their relegation, this season Excelsior has a chance to go back to the top tier in the Netherlands. After 27 matches they are 7th in the table in contention for promotion. Since the league so tightly competes they will need a series of wins to stay at the current position.
Eindhoven has not done anything special from last season themselves. They are 13th in the table with just 30 points.
The Blue-whites ended a 4 match winless run with the latest win against Jong AZ away from home. They scored 4 goals in the first half and the opponents could not come back from the early upset.
Eindhoven has a home advantage and the last win will help boost their morale.
FC Eindhoven vs Excelsior: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Excelsior has 3 wins and a loss in the last 5 h2h against this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of their last 5 meetings across all venues.
- The visitors have 2 wins and a defeat at this venue in 5 recent head to head clashes.
- Both teams scored in their last 3 h2h games at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of the previous 5 h2h matches also.
- Eindhoven is on a 2 match drawing streak at home.
- Excelsior has found the back of the net in their last 6 away games on the trot.
FC Eindhoven vs Excelsior: Prediction
In terms of points on the table and squad strength, the visitors are the strongest among these two. They are on a 4 match unbeaten run in the league which includes 2 wins. For the hosts, a 4 match winless run ended with the win over Jong AZ.
But that positive result against a struggling side would not help them against these opponents. Since the away team also has the latest win here and overall dominance in h2h we can back them to win this game comfortably.
The hosts have conceded goals in 7 of their latest home matches. In total, they gave away 56 goals and scored 41 in return this season.
Even though the visitors have had great results away from home, they too have conceded goals which resulted in draws. Since both sides are leaking goals we can admit that we will see both nets bulge on Friday.
FC Eindhoven vs Excelsior: Betting Tips
Excelsior to win at home @ 2.10 (11/10).