Ecuador vs Venezuela
World Cup Qualification – South America
Date: Thursday, 11 November 2021
Kick-off at 21:00 UK / 22:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado.
Ecuador are massive favorites for numerous reasons here. They still dream of a World Cup ticket being currently third in the South American Qualification rankings. They have a great home record of four wins, one draw, and one defeat in six games so far in the campaign. They are about to face Venezuela who sit at the very foot of the standings with zero chances to qualify.
Ecuador vs Venezuela Head-to-head
- The home court advantage played a big role in the history of this matchup.
- Ecuador won seven, drew one, and lost one of the last nine home fixtures against Venezuela.
- Interestingly, both teams scored in each of the last five head to head affairs.
- As mentioned above, Venezuela claimed a 2-1 win when the two teams last locked horns a month ago.
Ecuador vs Venezuela Predictions & Analysis
Venezuela celebrated only their second win of the South American World Cup Qualification campaign last month when they dispatched Ecuador 2-1 at home.
It was a result that had little meaning for the Venezuelans who still sit at the very foot of the CONMEBOL WC Qualification standings with just 7 points from 12 games.
However, such a result had a massive impact on the Ecuadorians who have thus complicated their situation in the battle for the top-four finish and a ticket for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Ecuador currently hold the third position but they are only one point above the likes of Colombia and Uruguay who share the fourth place with six games left to play.
The Ecuadorians held Colombia to a goalless draw away in Bogota in the previous round in a crazy match that had a double-digit stoppage time.
On the other side, Venezuela fell 3-0 at Chile, claiming their sixth defeat on the road in as many games away from home.
Venezuela have generally lost six of the last seven World Cup qualifiers and they do not have much to hope for here against highly-motivated Ecuador.
Key Stats for Betting
- Ecuador won four, drew one, and lost one of six home World Cup qualifiers.
- They have scored 16 goals in these 6 matches.
- Venezuela lost all six of their away fixtures in this qualifying campaign.
- They have a dreadful goal difference of 2-13 in the process.
Ecuador vs Venezuela Tips
Ecuador to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.20 (6/5)
Ecuador Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 1.66 (4/6)