Ecuador vs Chile
South America – 2018 World Cup Qualifier
Date: Thursday; 6th October 2016,
Kick-off: 22:00 UK
Venue: Olimpico Atahualpa (Quito).
As the international week begins, Ecuador will host Chile for their 2018 World Cup Qualification game at the Estadio Olimpico.
Already, Ecuador have slipped in their last 4 world Cup qualification games, they have gone winless in the games. They have lost 3 of the 4 games and drawn 1, picking just 1 point and they have now slipped down to 5th place in the table with 13 points. They will be looking to get back to winning ways in this game.
Chile on the other hand have been poor in the qualifiers despite winning the last concluded Copa America. They have won just one of their last 5 World Cup qualification game, drawn 1 and lost 3. They are currently 7th in the table with 11 points and a win in this game will take them to 4th position depending on other results.
Online Streaming: Viewers in US & Canada can stream the match legally through FuboTV. Click here to sign up for a free trial with FuboTV.
Ecuador vs Chile: Head to Head Statistics
- Both teams have had a fair share of their previous 14 games, they have both won 6 games each and drawn 2.
- At home, Ecuador have won 5 games against Chile and lost 2, they have drawn none.
- Ecuador have conceded 17 goals against Chile and scored 16.
- There last 6 games have also been shared equally as they have both won 3 games each.
- Both teams have kept 2 clean sheets each in their last 6 games.
Ecuador vs Chile: Prediction
Despite being without a win in their last 2 games, Chile are slight favourites in this fixture. They are the current Copa America Champions after they defeated Argentina in the finals and they have huge qualities in their squad. Chile have won 3 of their last 5 games, they gave drawn 1 and lost 1.
Ecuador are currently on a 3-game losing streak, they have won just once in their last 5 games. Also, Ecuador have conceded at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 5 games.
The game would be a tough one and could go either way, but I’m expecting an exciting game filled with goals.
Ecuador vs Chile: Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 goals at 2.00 (1/1)
- Both teams to score at 1.80 (4/5).