Dundee vs Aberdeen
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 18:00 UK / 19:00 CET
Venue: Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park.
Both teams will go into this off the back of their respective four-loss runs. However, the quality is no doubts on Aberdeen’s side and the fixture against the last-placed team is an ideal chance for them to bounce back and get their campaign up and running.
The Dons looked good against Celtic in the previous round (a narrow 1-2 defeat) and we can see them snatching the 14th consecutive win over Dundee here.
Dundee vs Aberdeen Head-to-head
- It’s been two years since these two teams last played each other and Aberdeen claimed a 1-2 victory (after extra time) in the second round of the League Cup on the occasion.
- Aberdeen will go into this on the back of 13 straight victories over Dundee.
- Dundee scored only two goals in the last six meetings with Aberdeen.
Dundee vs Aberdeen Predictions & Analysis
Saturday’s trip to Dens Park will be one of the last chances for Stephen Glass to get Aberdeen’s Premiership campaign up and running.
His job is already well on the line after a terrible run of four subsequent defeats and another failure against the rock-bottomed opposition could potentially mean a farewell from the Dons’ bench.
The clash against Dundee is indeed an ideal opportunity for the visitors to finally bounce back and get some momentum going ahead of the busy winter schedule.
Aberdeen showed a solid performance in the last game before the international break against Celtic, conceding only a late 84th-minute goal by Jota to eventually lose 1-2.
The Dons allowed Celtic only two shots on target on the occasion, but got unlucky to concede from both.
They are now up against the team with one of the worst attacking records and the worst defensive record in the entire division.
Dundee are still trying to adjust to life in higher division (unlike fellow promotes Hearts). They are one of two top-flight sides without a win in the opening eight rounds (three draws and five defeats).
Key Stats for Betting
- Dundee have claimed only three points in eight Premiership rounds this season.
- They scored only one goal in the last five matches in all competitions.
- Aberdeen also lost four on the spin, but they’ve shown certain improvements in the last round’s clash against Celtic.
- Aberdeen won 13 consecutive games against Dundee.
Tips for Dundee vs Aberdeen
Aberdeen to win @ 2.37 (11/8)
Aberdeen to keep a clean sheet @ 2.75 (7/4).